Are you struggling with bar code printing issues?
Label quality is a key component to any bar code data collection solution—regardless of industry.
Bar code scanners are just the beginning when it comes to keeping your warehouse operations efficient and profitable. When working with customers, we often find they invest most of their time on scanning technology but oftentimes neglect other areas like media used for generating bar codes which can lead them astray in understanding how everything works together as one whole system!
Common barcode printing issues
We find that our new customers come to us because they are experiencing the following common problems with unreadable bar codes, including:
- The wrong labels for the label surface
- Damaged labels that cannot be read by the bar code scanner
- Missing bars in picket fence bar codes
- Horizontal white lines in ladder bar codes
- Labels that are the wrong size for the application
- Poor resolution
- The wrong printing orientation
If you’ve experienced any of these issues in your operations, it might be time to consider new bar code labels.
Related: Buy Bar code Label Software Online
Things to considerations when choosing a bar code label
There are many things to consider when choosing the right printing process that is best suited for how you plan on using it; from subzero temperatures for cold storage to an outdoor environment with direct sunlight all year round. When looking into labels most people only think about their intended application (i.e., where does this go?) but what else needs consideration before making such an important purchase decision:
- What type/size do I need?
- Is my inventory item stored by weight or volume?
- Will the label dimensions change over time?
- Printer: What type of printer will be used with the labels? This will affect the other decision points when choosing your media.
- Pre-print: Will you need a logo or other art pre-printed on your labels?
- Stock: Paper, vinyl, synthetic or plastic? The right choice for your operation will be dependent on the label application, the environment the label will need to withstand and the exposure it will receive as a result of the environment.
- Direct thermal vs. thermal transfer: Will you be printing with or without a ribbon? Thermal transfer is more durable and resistant to extreme temperatures.
- Adhesive: Will you need high tack, permanent or removable? Your choice will affect the durability of the label over time.
- Core and roll size: What size will you need? This will depend on the bar code printer used in your warehouse operations.
There are other considerations for your bar code labels like:
- pre-printed labels
- tinted labels
- asset tags
Related: Tips For Better Bar code Labeling
Luckily, the experts at PaladinID have experience in all facets of bar code scanning and data collection solutions. We will work with you to uncover the needs unique to your business and warehouse operations and develop a custom solution.
For more information on PaladinID
Get Help With Your Next Label Project
We have over 35 years of providing exceptional service and labeling products to the world. Take the first step to an easy, stress-free solution for your label needs by contacting us.
Schedule a call below or email email@example.com
Make Your Mark
“Making companies more competitive by offering the correct label printing solution, on time, within budget, while creating unmatched value”.
About PaladinID, LLC
PaladinID develops and supports high-performance barcode labeling applications. We work with our clients to “Make Your Mark” by providing the expertise and tools necessary to create an entire product label printing solution. Located in central New Hampshire, PaladinID has been serving Massachusetts, Vermont, Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New England, and beyond for over 30 years, and in 2017, became an RFID-certified company. We look forward to working with you.
You may be interested in our other services:
Labels for every type of application: Blank, Pre-printed, Variable data
We sell and support: Direct/thermal transfer, Inkjet, Laser
We sell ribbons for ALL barcode printers including: Zebra, Datamax, Sato, Intermec
We offer a wide variety of packaging containers for your products.
Software for all barcode printing and product labeling.
Wide selection of applicators: Desktop/Mobile, Applicator only, Print & apply